Excel inventory template with running totals
Excel inventory template with running totals
This article provides details of Excel inventory template with running totals that you can download now.
Effective inventory management is vital for any entrepreneur, but it is just as useful in the home. Whether you want to inventory insurance, keep track of your personal belongings in a storage unit, or plan the amount of food and drink needed for an event, inventory tracking can help you stay organized .
Businesses can run their operations smoothly by managing inventory to avoid surplus and taking inventory that allows them to see which products are selling the best.
Microsoft Excel software under a Windows environment is required to use this template
These Excel inventory template with running totals work on all versions of Excel since 2007.
Examples of a ready-to-use spreadsheet: Download this table in Excel (.xls) format, and complete it with your specific information.
To be able to use these models correctly, you must first activate the macros at startup.
The file to download presents tow Excel inventory template with running totals
- Simple Excel inventory template with running totals (Stock Inventory Control)
- Advanced inventory template with running totals (inventory management assessment tool)
There are a number of essential elements in an Excel inventory template:
- Last name
- Total purchase price
- Total estimated value of items
- Difference between current value and purchase price
- Total inventory items
- Items / Description
- Make / Model
- Identification No / Series / Code / Reference
- Date of purchase
- Place of purchase
- Buying price
- Estimated present value
The Inventory Management Assessment Tool (IMAT) produces indicators to assess the effectiveness of record-keeping and stock management practices in a warehouse and provides suggestions for improvement. The tool guides users through the process of collecting data (based on the stock levels of a group of representative products over a 100 day period), calculating indicators, analyzing and interpreting the results, and identifying appropriate strategies for improvement. The IMAT can be conducted at a single warehouse, health facility, or other institution that manages stock. It can also be used at different levels of the health system to examine record-keeping and stock management practices throughout the country. Evaluators should plan for a half-day to implement the IMAT at each site.
This tool can be used electronically or manually. In either case, the user starts by recording the data in the "Data Collection and Calculation" sheet. The user may either follow the instructions to calculate the indicators manually, or if the user has Excel, the tool can be loaded as a spreadsheet in order to facilitate calculations. The tool contains the following 9 sections:
Cover sheet: Basic information about the tool, including MSH contact information.
- Introduction: An overview of the purpose and use of the IMAT.
- Instructions: An explanation of how to use the tool to conduct the assessment.
- Collection&Calculation: A data collection form. Those who receive this tool in electronic format can enter their data directly into this sheet to facilitate tabulation.
- Results: The indicator results are displayed on this page. The page also includes a description of the indicators, their ideal values, and possible ranges.
- Graphs: A graphical representation of the results.
- Analysis: Analysis and interpretation guidelines to help understand indicator results and consider suggestions for improvement. Space is provided to write actions for improvement.
The benefit of using models to carry out your inventories:
- The free templates below vary depending on whether you are managing business assets, personal possessions, food inventory, or any other type of inventory. But here are some of the benefits that can be derived from using templates for inventory management:
- Visualize Current Inventory Levels: A model can provide easy access to the quantities of various products currently in stock, which is a vital first step in running your operations.
- Manage new orders: Tracking inventory will allow you to accurately identify new product orders as well as items that are discontinued.
- Create statistics of your business: Visualize sales behavior, identify the products that sell best, and follow up on your main suppliers.
- Protect Your Investments: This applies to home users seeking insurance to cover their personal property as well as businesses tracking their hardware, tools and equipment or merchandise. Knowing what you have in stock, where everything is, and the value of this stock will make it easier for you to manage your items and inform you of order and update times.
- Save time and money: Especially for small businesses, a template makes it easy to organize data, quick access to product and order details, and a customizable format that grows with your business.
Features of the Excel inventory spreadsheet
Excel-based inventory models seek to summarize information about the quantity and value of an item in a spreadsheet. The Excel model must therefore integrate the following characteristics:
- Detail: indicates the particularities of each component.
- Order: group the components together to have a clearer view of everything.
- Value: reflects the monetary amount of each item.